On June 20-21 2016, the traditional “Diet of the labs” was held at¬†Alpe di Neggia, a¬†small village in the area of Gambarogno; 18 collaborators of the three labs –¬†eLab,¬†webatelier.net¬†and¬†USI UNESCO Chair¬†– attended the 2-day residential seminar.
During the Diet,¬†the collaborators worked on some specific projects:
– Creation of¬†a research protocol on the topic of “Media effects“, with a particular focus on applications of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality;
– “UNESCO Chair 2017“: Communication and promotion of the UNESCO Chair in 2017;
– “eLab – eLearning Lab 2.0“: proposals for new services¬†to be offered by eLab. The image on the left presents the proposals made by the group that worked on this project.
Visit the¬†photo album of the Diet 2016¬†on eLab’s¬†Facebook page.
Whacy Game, the mobile¬†app of¬†Whacy (World Heritage Awareness Campaign for Youth), has been released. The app has been developed by eLab on a mandate of USI¬†UNESCO Chair in ICT to develop and promote sustainable tourism in World Heritage Sites.
Whacy Game is an educational game that allows you to test and improve your knowledge about the UNESCO World Heritage Sites¬†in the region of Southern Africa.
The app is available for iOS and Android and can be downloaded from the following links:
- Apple Store:
- Play Store:
“eTourism: Communication Perspectives”, the first MOOC of USI, promoted by the UNESCO Chair in ICT to develop and promote sustainable tourism in World Heritage Sites and developed by eLab, will start on October, Monday 5th, 2015.
The course, fully free and open,¬†will last 8 weeks, and will require approximately¬†3 hours study time per week.
Among the intended publics: destination managers, people active in the tourism industry, students, in particular within tourism and hospitality programs, academia and researchers, and last but not least, curious people.
You can see the list of modules, and enrol directly from the iversity platform, at the following link: https://iversity.org/en/courses/etourism
During the 2-day residential seminar the collaborators of the four labs have worked on several projects:
- the promotion of the first pilot MOOC of USI (eTourism: Communication Perspectives);
- the design of a mobile app for WHACY (World Heritage Awareness Campaign for Youth in Southern African Development Community);
- the design of the online communication of the local cultural association Tu quoque Vernazza;
- the preparation of the proposal for the project “Online weather representations for touristic purposes“.
Look at the dieta 2015 album on our Facebook page.
During the 2-day residential seminar¬†the collaborators of the four labs have worked on several projects:
- the design of a pilot MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) for the Faculty of communication sciences;
- the finalization of the USI mobile app;
- the design of a learning experience for the promotion of the region and the cultural communication of Armeno.
Look at the dieta 2014 album on our Facebook page.