eLab is collaborating with webatelier.net in the development of¬†a new eLearning platform for Switzerland Tourism. The platform is addressed to¬†travel agents and tour operators, who are selling Switzerland as a tourism destination, helping them better plan and market trips to Switzerland.
eLab is in charge of the technical implementation of the Moodle-based LMS and of its contents, specifically of the interactive ones.
The platform will¬†be available¬†on March 2017 in its English version.
|eLab staff||Christian Milani, Mattia Pera|
Whacy Game, the mobile¬†app of¬†Whacy (World Heritage Awareness Campaign for Youth), has been released. The app has been developed by eLab on a mandate of USI¬†UNESCO Chair in ICT to develop and promote sustainable tourism in World Heritage Sites.
Whacy Game is an educational game that allows you to test and improve your knowledge about the UNESCO World Heritage Sites¬†in the region of Southern Africa.
The app is available for iOS and Android and can be downloaded from the following links:
- Apple Store:
- Play Store:
“eTourism: Communication Perspectives”, the first MOOC of USI, promoted by the UNESCO Chair in ICT to develop and promote sustainable tourism in World Heritage Sites and developed by eLab, will start on October, Monday 5th, 2015.
The course, fully free and open,¬†will last 8 weeks, and will require approximately¬†3 hours study time per week.
Among the intended publics: destination managers, people active in the tourism industry, students, in particular within tourism and hospitality programs, academia and researchers, and last but not least, curious people.
You can see the list of modules, and enrol directly from the iversity platform, at the following link: https://iversity.org/en/courses/etourism
During the 2-day residential seminar the collaborators of the four labs have worked on several projects:
- the promotion of the first pilot MOOC of USI (eTourism: Communication Perspectives);
- the design of a mobile app for WHACY (World Heritage Awareness Campaign for Youth in Southern African Development Community);
- the design of the online communication of the local cultural association Tu quoque Vernazza;
- the preparation of the proposal for the project “Online weather representations for touristic purposes“.
Look at the dieta 2015 album on our Facebook page.
- The first MOOC, “eTourism: Communication Perspectives”, will focus on the topic of online communication in tourism, will be in English and will be launched in Autumn 2015.
- The second MOOC will be about¬†Dante and the Divine comedy, will be in Italian and will be launched at the beginning of 2016.
Both MOOCs will last 8 weeks and will be hosted on iversity.
eLab staff is in charge of the instructional design and of the video production for both MOOCs.
|Partners||webatelier.net; Istituto di studi italiani|
|eLab staff||Stefano Tardini, Elisabetta Decarli-Frick, Shondel Bervini|
||Jingjing Lin, Irina Emelianova|
|Sito web MOOC eTourism